Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Return to "Normal"

I had a great doctor's appointment yesterday! Baby weighs 1lb 6oz and I saw him stick his fingers in his mouth! :) I guess there's not much else to do in there.

My doctor was very pleased with my progress and noted that nothing had changed since my minor surgery. He cleared me to go back to work pending this is what I wanted to do. However, he still instructed me to get as much rest as possible. Basically aside from work I'm still on restriction from housework, shopping trips, etc. BUT I can leave the house 3 days out of the week and this is a victory, even if it is small!

Okay so back to work...I decided that after working from home for majority of February, and seeing the kind of Bull-ish I was going to have to put up with from my employer I quickly told the doctor that I wanted to return to work for as long as I could. So starting Monday I'll be working three days a week in the office and two days a week at home.

However, I as lay here resting, I wonder if I made the right decision. I was so sure of my decision yesterday and was even happy to return to a somewhat normal life. But now I'm starting to have doubts. At the end of the day I just want to do right by my little one. Of course I don't want the stress of work as this is not healthy for anyone especially a pregnant woman.

I guess the only comfort in this situation is knowing that I hold the key to what I want. If I tell my doctor I no longer wish to work in the office due to the stress or the long drive (45min to 1 hour one way) then VIOLA! I'm back at home still working and being productive (but also being micro-managed).

Either way, I'm just going to pray for the next 12 weeks to fly by and that I have an uneventful pregnancy during that time. I am truly happy to be able to do a little bit more moving around.

24 weeks and 1 day! One milestone down, and three more to go! (28 weeks, 37, and then happy birthday to my little one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment