Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Farewell Letter to 2010

Dear Two Thousand and Ten:

It was truly a pleasure to be able to see your coming and I pray I see your exit and the birth of a new year. I don't take any day that I continue to be on this Earth lightly for it is truly a blessing and a miracle to be able to see each day and a honor to live another year.

You my dear friend are a year I will never forget. I married the love of my life and watched him turn the big 3-0, I lost a very close family member, opened up a new chapter with another family member, let go of some baggage, came to some realizations about myself and my character and finally, I was blessed with the gift of life.

So you see, though you will be gone in a couple of days, the things I've learned and experienced during your tenure, I will carry with me always. Yes, we've had our ups and downs, but such is life.

I can truly say without a doubt that I'm happy to have experienced every moment of 2010. So thanks!

Oh and if you run into 2005, tell him that it is only now that I can say THANK YOU! Because of him I wouldn't be where I am now.

Anyway, take care and be blessed.

Your Friend,

Tam

1 comment: