Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Journey Ended

So back in August (yes I dumb late) I cut all my locks out. *Waiting for initial shock to be over....* Great! Of course most folks' first question was "why?" I'm sorry am I not allowed to cut my own hair?! LOL...yes I must admit the constant stream of "why's" started to annoy me (yes I'm easily annoyed...sue me!) But after a while I realized that maybe folks wanted to see if there was more to the story...was I going through something, etc.

Well honestly, I just wanted a change. I've been natural for 5 almost 6 years and lock'd for 4 almost 5 years. I colored, layered and even cut my locks shorter and I just wasn't satisfied. I guess I wanted a new me to go along with my new married life.

Of course now I look back at photos and wonder to myself...what was I thinking!?! I stare in the mirror each day thinking to myself, what in the world am I going to do with my bushy, dry hair?! Now, I'm not gonna lie, I have considered going back to the creamy crack (i.e, relaxer) *Pausing again for the shock....* and we're back.

See the only reason I locked my hair in the first place was because 6 years ago there weren't a lot of places you could go and get your hair done unless you wanted to slap a relaxer in it. So I figured if I wanted to stay natural that locks was the best decision. Now, in 2010 there are so many natural salons that I have a hard time choosing where I should go! LOL. The problem now is, well....its a recession and I'm cheap! I can't afford to spend (nor do I want to) money every two weeks to get my hair straightened or done. I just can't and won't.

So, I feel like I'm just stuck! In the next couple of days I plan to get braids, but this is just a temporary solution to the problem. I guess I could always go back to having Sisterlocks, you know start the whole journey again. But that is a huge up front cost, not to mention I just don't want to do my own hair anymore....been there done that and I'm over it.

Now, I know what you must be thinking...put up or shut up! I know, but again, the question remains to be natural or to be relaxed? Will I be a traitor to my natural brothers and sisters if I go back to the creamy crack?!?

*Sigh*....stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment