Thursday, June 2, 2011

Change is a Must Growing Up...Not So Much

I'm back! Well not really. I've been cheating on this blog with my other blog. My alternative blog chronicles my journey of pregnancy and of course post pregnancy, motherhood.

Anyway, I had a conversation not too long ago with some folks and was slightly offended about where it ended and or led to. I left the conversation wondering if I was really a dry biscuit? Meaning a person who doesn't really know how to have fun or someone who is too uptight. Yea in my opinion that definitely doesn't describe me.

Personally, I know a lot of people who do a lot of club/lounge hopping, drinking, traveling, etc. Now the latter, traveling, I can totally get with. In fact despite myself and Hubby about to be parents, I definitely think we should do more weekend getaways. And of course, I'd like to do more traveling with my friends. HOWEVER, I draw the line at club/lounge hopping and drinking. Now don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy wine, but I don't get twisted off my ass every weekend just cause. I'm too old for that and quite frankly its just not me. So, call it what you want, I just don't get down like that.

I guess I'm starting to want to involve myself with people who share my interests. Not that I don't have people in my life like that now, but I kinda feel like folks in my life have preconceived notions of me and what I like to do. Not knowing that in true Gemini fashion I change a lot and I change constantly. So, one minute I may not like something and then the next I'm totally into it.

Problem is, I'm not exactly trusting of people so that makes it hard to meet new people and make friends. But I think in order for me to be happy especially going forward I guess I have to take the plunge and be a little more open and trusting of folks. Ugh...good luck to me :) Then again, since I'll be a new Mommy I'm sure I'll be meeting all kinds of new people which will force me to open up and talk to folks. So, I guess I'll look forward to it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment