Monday, April 18, 2011

The Waiting Game

Countdown: 31 weeks 3 days Preggo! 8 weeks and 4 days (60 days) to go before we lay our eyes on our lil man!

Yesterday was me and my husband's one year wedding anniversary! It was so surreal watching our wedding video and cutting/eating the top layer of our wedding cake.

Anyway rewind back to Friday and I had yet another great appointment. I think its safe to say I'm definitely out of the woods with L.J. My blood pressure has been completely normal throughout the pregnancy, my cervix is holding strong and even lengthened, and L.J. is 3.5 lbs! I can even feel him hiccuping now! :) Doctor told me my cerclage will be removed at 36 weeks (1 week before my 29th birthday) and at that point its on L.J. as to when he wants to make his appearance.

So while things are great with my body and L.J. I'm still disappointed and frustrated with the progress of the nursery! Especially since I'm approaching 32 weeks! Hubby just started painting the closets (FINALLY!!!) and carpets will be cleaned this weekend (AGAIN...FINALLY!!!). I kinda wish we had bothered to open the closets when we had the nursery painted in the first place because we would have seen that those too needed to be painted and everything could have been done at one time. I feel like we're back tracking...ugh! So after the carpets are cleaned on Saturday, it is my hope that Hubby and I can put the crib together on Sunday.

I guess I've been nesting for a while and honestly it really bothers me that I can just get up and do things like I used to. I'm not the kind of person who sits back and waits on others to do things. I want things done when I want them done and most of the time, this only happens when you do it yourself. *shrugs*

Anyway, baby shower...today is the last day for RSVP's and 2 more weeks til the shower. I believe we're expecting around 80-85 people! I don't mean to sound tacky...but I hope that means lots of gifts! We're still in need of many many many items...clothes not being one of them! LOL. I'm prepared to purchase a glider/ottoman set, breast pump and bedding set. Well, my mother said she would purchase the bedding set for us, but seen as how she's one of the people putting on the baby shower, I really don't want her to purchase this. So, fingers crossed that people will actually purchase things from one of the four registries we have.

I hate playing the waiting game but I continue not to have a choice. I am thankful however to be able to do what I can to speed things along...at least for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment