Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Seeking Clarity...AGAIN!

Hello there!

This is my first blog so welcome and I hope you come back! If not well, it was nice of you to lurk anyway.

So for about the 5th time in my life I'm seeking clarity. In the past I've sought clarity on relationships and love. This time I'm seeking clarity on life. See a lot has happened this year (I's married now! lol...and the death of a close loved one) that has made me question my perspective on things....one of which is how I view people.

Don't get me wrong, I have some GREAT people in my life (shout out to my grad chap, my LSz, and my BFFs...yall kno who yall are, family, and last but not least my new hubby) BUT a lot of times I find myself trying to be everything to everyone and I'm slowly starting to realize that it just doesn't work that way. Honestly, for a huge part of my life I've been running to and from trying hard to make folks happy but I wasn't really making ME happy. And on the reals, I'm sick of it. I feel unappreciated! And at the end of the day if I'm ever laid up in an ER with an IV in my arm, there are only a hand-full of people that will be there for me. Those people are my priority and everyone else can just fall in line!

So, in thinking about my new attitude, some key things I plan do to are:

1. I'm returning to my old straight to the point, blunt and sarcastic self
2. NO more sparing people's feelings; sometimes the truth hurts...sorry!
3. My top two priorities are my relationship with God and my husband. Everything else is and will be secondary.
4. I will do a better job of living my life like there is no tomorrow because no one knows their check-out date.

1 comment:

  1. Tam, stay true to you - if folks can't handle the truth and the true you then the hell with them!! I say rock on - And if you think this is something wait till you get my age, you are going to cussing everybody asses out....LOL!!

    ReplyDelete