Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hello 30, You Look GOOD on Me!

Hello out there to those who still read my lil ole blog! So I've been the big 3-0 for about four days now and honestly....ITS NOT A BIG DEAL! LOL! I've been dreading this number/age for quite some time and when I finally arrive at its destination it was rather anti-climatic. Don't get me wrong, its weird to think to myself that I'm this old (yes I know "old" is relative) but I can happily and truthfully say that I'm glad to be here. Many people I know didn't make it to see 30 so I can't help but feel blessed to still be above ground, healthy, in my right mind, and surrounded by people who love me.

So, I would love to write a blog post and reflect on my twenties, but I haven't had time to even think about them. However, what I can tell you is 20 feels a lifetime ago; I was so immature and dating all the wrong people. I think the biggest take-away from my twenties was the life lessons I learned. And as much as I would love to hop in my pretend time machine and go back and prevent some of the stupid things I did, I can't because everything that happened then made me the fabulous 30 year old I am today.

At the moment the only thing that bothers me in life in general is my slowly moving (sometimes crawling) career. However, taking a lesson from my twenties, I may not be where I want to be when I want to be there, but I'll get there in God's time. And in God's time things are just so much better!

Anyway, stay tuned for my adventures in my thirties!

No comments:

Post a Comment