Monday, April 2, 2012

Let It Go and Let It Burn

I see its been sometime well here I am again. And even though most of my blog friends have given up on their respective blogs I'm still going strong! :)

So recently I ended a friendship. It was sad, but it was time. Even though I don't like the way it ended, I can't help but be happy that its over. Time and time again my mom always tells me "don't burn your bridges." Well, I'm happy to say that this time, I'm not the one who did the burning.

I am disappointed in how I allowed this former friend to push me to a place where I had to become belligerent. That's really not the person I am and I can't help but beat myself up a little bit for having gone there. But I guess this is what happens when you allow things to build up in a relationship instead of facing them head on and trying to resolve the problems or let the friendship expire. Though I must admit, I thought I had dealt with past indiscretions but I guess I had not. Oh well! Again, I'm glad that relationship is over because it added no value to my life. Former friend was very negative and honestly, negative energy transfers. Sorry boo! I don't need that in my life. I'm trying to stay positive Polly over here...not negative Nancy. Further, I began to sense that this person was envious of my life. Warning life lesson coming up....

I learned the hard way a long time ago that what God has for you is for you. Therefore, just because the Lord blesses someone else with wealth, family, marriage, new job, new car, etc. does not mean that your blessings should mirror those of someone else. If you know the Lord, then you know that if you follow his word he will give you the desires of your heart. I am a walking example of this and tried to tell this to former friend. However, former friend didn't want to wait on the Lord. Now, sometimes we want to rush things along because we have our own timeline, but the Lord laughs at our plans and timeline. All things happen in HIS time (for everything there is a season) and in all honesty the Lord is ALWAYS right on time. Many many many times I tried explaining these concepts to former friend but it fell on deaf ears and a closed heart. What more can you do for someone like this...pray!

So today, even though our friendship is over, I am going to pray for my former friend. I'm even going to pray for myself because I'm still so angry with former friend. I know in time my anger will subside and hopefully former friend will see the light.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff ladybug! At the end of the day, we are to act in love and that's what you tried to do and are doing by continuing to pray for this former friend. The Lord blesses us with our own blessings; no two blessings look the same, yet we compare our lives all the time.

    ReplyDelete