Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goodbye 2011 and Hello 2012

Okay so I haven't posted in a while...sue me! In fact most of my fellow bloggers haven't blogged in a while either so at least I'm still hanging in there.

So I hardly had ill feelings about 2011 but I'm always glad and blessed to usher in a new year. Though 2011 was an amazing year for many reasons most of all the birth of my son! I love that boy so much I can't imagine life without him. I love being a mom its the best feeling in the world. Sorry to go on about it but it truly is a blessing and I am thankful for each day I have that little boy in my life. My husband and I are truly blessed.

In 2012 I really want to reach the following goals for myself and family:

- Find a church home: Uber important!!! Hubby and I have been putting our search on hold for so long but I am definitely going to make strides to get us to a church this Sunday. We need our foundation to remain strong.

- Do some home improvements: Hubs and I have been playing with the idea of selling our house and moving into a bigger, cheaper home. However, with the constantly downward-spiraling economy we would only break even if we sold our home, and this simply is not good enough. We don't want to rent the house so I guess we'll just stay put for now and do more improvements and organization to create more space.

- Lose Weight: Hubs and I are both on the weight loss kick. At this point I need to shed at least 100lbs. YES! I've already gotten started with Zumba and doing some things in the house. I don't want to avoid the gym completely but I don't find going to the gym to be productive for me. But I may have to do anyway. At this point I just want the weight off so however it comes off the fastest and stays off is the way I'll hold on to.

- Let folks go: It's always sad to let someone go who you deem yourself close to. But honestly some people are just for a season for a reason. I'm finding that I have less and less in common with 1-2 of my closer girlfriends and really and truly I've been trying to hang out but I just can't and won't anymore.

Those are the major goals...there are some others but I won't go into those. At any rate, this year I want to be a better more productive ME instead of a NEW me. I've been a new me for several years. I like who I am at the moment. Just need some enhancements if you will...LOL!

Anyway Happy New Year Peeps! Make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment