Monday, October 24, 2011

Privacy Please?!

What up...its been a long time. I've been blogging over at my Mommy Blog. Check it out!

So I was minding my own business this morning when I came across an email from my LS (*waving to HE Fall 03*) and I was really taken a back to what I read! Basically she informed me that someone has loc envy with slightly stalker-ish tendencies.

I clicked on the link to find this woman who showered me with nothing but compliments about my locs. She had obtained an engagement photo of me and my hubby from a newspaper article. We were featured in the Express BIO in 2010. Anyway, I was very flattered and yes I'm not going to lie the ego did boost about 10 points, but what disturbed me was the fact that she saw some of my wedding photos!

YES I posted some photos on FB but I make sure that only friends can see photos and NO ONE sees tagged photos of me. So first its weird that she went out of her way to search for me on FB and then found a loop hole to see my wedding pictures.

So this got me the thinking....can you really truly have privacy in the world we live in? Will you be subject to sharing the most intimate moments of you life? Not cool!

Effective immediately I will be taking down any pictures I have up of my lil guy. Also, I will be double checking my privacy settings on FB and I may even *gasp* leave all together. I'm sorry, its one thing to put things out there for people to see but its another when total strangers have access to your life.

I feel violated! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment